Huntsville Center understands and values the importance of forming dedicated, committed partnerships in today’s ever changing environment: It takes a village.
Huntsville Center fosters the business model of providing the outreach and expertise needed to build strategic partnerships.
We blend our unique energy capabilities to integrate government, industry, academia, and public utility companies to increase energy conservation, renewable energy ideas, and energy awareness via a collaborative approach. With the complexity of energy systems, conservation, distribution, generation, security, and limited resources, it is necessary we collaborate and work to leverage innovation, lessons learned and to share tools and resources across agencies.
Federal agencies, such as the Department of Energy's Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP), Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD), the Army's Office of Energy Initiatives (OEI), and the Office of Energy Assurance (OEA) are welcome partners, providing the framework for pursuing systems engineering, acquisition, and technical excellence in deploying energy systems throughout the Federal government.
These partnerships enable federal agencies to meet energy goals: fostering innovative processes, approaches, and plans for energy systems, conservation, renewable energy, and third party financing. It showcases collaborative team efforts benefitting the entire Federal government with development of best practices to add value and drive energy initiatives forward.
Current partnerships providing solutions:
- Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) – Energy Savings and Performance Contracting (ESPC) execution for all Federal Agency projects, standardizing and streamlining training, acquisition, and project management processes.
- Office of Energy Initiatives (OEI) – Providing financial, administrative, and project management support for OEI's execution of large scale renewable energy projects that leverage private sector financing.
- Construction Engineering Research Lab (CERL)– Collaboration with CERL on the Deployable Metering and Monitoring System, the first expeditionary mobile platform of Wide Area Visualization Environment providing the local forward operating base and the theater with energy information necessary to maximize the utilization of the generators while reducing diesel requirements/usage.
- Energy Huntsville - Leveraging our local community and industry resources, providing solutions for energy initiatives that benefit our region, local small and large businesses, and the Tennessee Valley Corridor through outreach: energy awareness, sharing technology expertise, and supporting economic growth.
- U.S. Air Force – Energy Savings and Performance Contracting (ESPC) and Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) execution, providing cradle to grave acquisition, and project management support
Other partnerships are forming and our doors are always open for good ideas promoting systems engineering, quality, and sustainability in energy systems. Those values are supported through our people, our process, our expertise in energy programs, acquisition, and follow through. Join us in making energy the future!
To partner with us, call (256) 895-1663 or email.