The U.S. Army Engineering and Support Center, Huntsville’s Planning and Programming (P&P) team has the subject matter experts, tools and resources to help you better manage your real property portfolio. Our worldwide mission allows us to provide cost-effective, centralized planning solutions across CONUS and OCONUS geographies. We develop comprehensive installation and facility planning studies, programming/cost estimating documentation and a variety of unique studies for Department of Defense and non-DOD clients.
- Our Master Planning Program provides tools and resources that allow installations to manage real property portfolios more effectively, deliver comprehensive installation/facility planning studies and document facility investment programs.
- Our Real Property Program provides a multitude of real-property, facilities programming, and facilities personnel support to operations as required.
Our goal is to provide high-quality, responsive services based on the current and emerging needs of our customers.
Turn Key Solutions to Real Property Management Needs
Strategy. We partner with your organization to understand your unique mission, vision, goals and objectives so that we can help you make best use of limited resources to plan infrastructure, communities and facilities that support your requirements.
Planning. We execute studies that provide the planning foundation for all facility requirements. We take into consideration mission and operation requirements and current and required real property assets; analyze development opportunities and constraints; define alternatives and apply planning standards and criteria. Our products include:
- Master Plans
- Area Development Plans
- Site Plans
- Customer Concept Documents
- Energy and Resiliency Planning
- Mission/Facility Capabilities Studies
- Infrastructure Capabilities Analysis
- Geographic Information System Support
- Aerial Imagery (2D and 3D)
- Requirements Analysis
- 1391 Development (In-House and Contract)
- Real Property Support (GFEBS, RPLANS, ISR and BUILDER
- Economic Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, and Capital Improvement Strategies
- DPW Contract Personnel Support
(This list only scratches the surface of what we do — just ask us.)
Project Programming Development. Using validated requirements, we facilitate customer and stakeholder workshops to create actionable, documented solutions needed to define, develop and defend construction budgets and plans effectively. This process defines the objective of the facility and determines the impact if the project is not supported. The goal is a functional, defendable project which maximizes the benefit to the user while minimizing impacts to the environment. Where more than one viable alternative exists, in partnership with our clients and stakeholders, we analyze alternatives and make recommendations with clearly stated assumptions. Typical products include preparation of construction cost estimating documents, such as, for DOD clients, Military Construction (MILCON) DD Form 1391 and sustainment/restoration/modernization DA Form 4283.
Asset Management. Asset management products enable our customers to make informed decisions concerning asset retention or disposal and how to invest limited resources in order to improve existing real property assets or to acquire new ones. We perform data collection, update, validation and reporting for real property assets through technical support services and onsite staffing. Using USACE in-house and contractor support, we conduct real property inventories and produce facility utilization and condition assessments.
Asset Management tools include, but are not limited to:
- Real Property Planning and Analysis System (RPLANS)
- Force Structure Systems (FMSWeb)
- Army Stationing and Installation Plan (ASIP)
- Housing Market Analysis (HMA) System
- Installation Status Report – Infrastructure (ISR-I)
- Installation Geospatial Information and Services (IGI&S) Map Systems
- Corps of Engineers tools: BUILDER PAVER, ROOFER, RAILER
- Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS)
- General Fund Enterprise Business System
- Other Tools: PC Cost; PACES; ECONPACK
Analyses. The P&P team has access to a cadre of subject matter experts to provide decision analysis support. We have both in-house and contractor economists/financial analysts, urban planners, medical planners, engineers and other technical staff to conduct business case analyses; data analyses; economic analyses; life cycle cost analyses; cost-benefit rating of alternatives; engineering analyses; gap analyses; course of action recommendations; and process and procedure recommendations. The primary focus of these analyses is to identify the most beneficial course of action and provide the government customer with sufficient data and documentation to support that decision.
Natural/Cultural Resource Studies
|Energy and Water Master Plans
|Hospitals and Other Medical Facilities
||Access Control Points
Recent projects received American Planning Association Federal Planning Division awards; to include:
- Area Development Plan for Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Campus at Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia
- Customer Concept Document for 43rd Formal Training Unit Beddown at Joint Base Langley, Eustis, Virginia
- U.S. Army Reserve Regional Support Commands Vision Plan and Capital Investment Strategy
- Development Plan for Guam, Saipan and American Samoa
- Real Property Master Plan – Fort Hamilton, New York
- Area Development Plan for Schofield Town Center in Hawaii
Available Tools and Resources
- Contracts: Worldwide Architect-Engineer Multiple Award Task Order Contracts
- Security Clearances: Our in-house team holds clearances that enable us to handle projects others cannot
- Credentials: Our team has earned credentials for American Institute of Certified Planner (AICP), Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED), Professional Engineer (PE) and Project Management Professional (PMP)
Download the Planning and Programming fact sheet PDF here.