The U.S. Army Engineering and Support Center, Huntsville is one of nine Centers of Standardization (COS) established by the Director of Military Programs in March 2006 to be the Army’s life cycle manager for assigned facility types. The COS supports the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the Installation Management Command (IMCOM) and the Office of the Assistant Chief of Staff for Installation Management.
Huntsville Center COS support includes:
- Developing and maintaining the Army standard, standard design and standard criteria in consultation with IMCOM, Headquarters Department of the Army facility proponents, major commands and Headquarters, USACE.
- Developing and maintaining Building Information Models.
- Providing design oversight and construction support to USACE districts involved in the construction of assigned facilities.
- Developing standard DD Forms 1391 for assigned facilities.
- Participating in charrettes to ensure consistent application of criteria and to validate scope.
Centers of Standardization are achieving the standardization objectives stated by the Vice Chief of the Staff of the Army and the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army (Installation and Housing) within current time and funding constraints. Facility standardization is critical for ensuring installations meet common expectations in the form of capabilities, capacities and throughput.
Huntsville Center Assigned Facility Types:
- Fire Stations
- Department of Emergency Services
Child and Family Services
- Child Development Centers
- (infant to 5 years and 6 to 10 years)
- Youth Centers
- Army Community Service Centers
- Soldier & Family Support Centers
- Mission Training Complex
- Training Support Center
- Automated Record Fire Range
- Combat Pistol Qualification Course
- Modified Record Fire Range
- Urban Assault Course
- Live Fire Shoothouse
- Basic 10M-25M Firing Range (Zero)
Sports and Fitness Facilities
- Physical Fitness Facility
- Outdoor Sports Facility
Centers of Standardization website: https://mrsi.erdc.dren.mil/cos
Download the COS fact sheet (PDF):
COS Fact Sheet
(as of August 2021)